Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Pool Shark Robot, Oh My!

Geeky but awesome. Check out Willow Garage's new pool shark robot, the PR2. This guy may look like an easy mark, but the PR2 doesn't rely on remote controls wielded by humans to make its shots. Instead, it utilizes two high-resolution cameras equipped with a "color blob tracker" and special software to plan its shots.

While we're safe from being hustled by robots for now, this guy was developed in only one week and pocketed five balls during his "exhibition."


Robot Pool Shark


For further information and links to the FastFiz billiards library and Poolshark billiards code, visit Willow Garage's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Las Vegas, Nevada
I love pool! Especially cues...I have over 35 cues personally and seem to find a new reason to get one all the time. I started PoolCueGuru.com to support my cue buying habit and I love it!