Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Oliver Ortmann Wins 14.1 World Tournament; Becomes Historic Three-Time World Champion

Historic Three-Time World Champion Oliver Ortmann
Photo courtesy of AZBilliards.com

Germany's Oliver Ortmann has made billiards history, with his victory over World #1 Mika Immonen at the 14.1 Predator World Tournament in Clifton, New Jersey.

This makes Ortmann's third world title, which is a new European world record. Previously, Ortmann (Germany), Mika Immonen (Finland) and Thorsten Hohmann (Germany) held two world champion belts apiece. The only other man to win three World Championships sanctioned by the WPA is Earl Strickland (USA).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Las Vegas, Nevada
I love pool! Especially cues...I have over 35 cues personally and seem to find a new reason to get one all the time. I started PoolCueGuru.com to support my cue buying habit and I love it!